Today, we have new Los Angeles quartet Foster the People who already have an MGMT like buzz surrounding them based on their breakout hit “Pumped Up Kicks”. They personally remind me of Peter, Bjorn and John in an alternative, lo-fi kind of way. When I first heard “Pumped Up Kicks”, the first thing that grabbed me was the infectious beat and driving bassline. I thought it couldn’t get any better, but then the hook came in and I knew it would be one of the songs that I played over and over again throughout the summer. To top off the infectious beat and incredible chorus, they start humming at the end and the song becomes even sweeter. In all honesty, I haven’t even listened to another Foster the People song, because I’ve been listening to this on repeat for the past few weeks, but I’m sure the rest is pretty decent too.
- Hella Bus – The Rebirth
- R-52uesday! Saving Scrilla!
- Sometimes you think, “health care? Not that important.” Other times you have a gaping headwound
- The Hunger. The bizarre hunger.
- Freaky Fashion Friday Part Duex!
- Auburnin’ down the house
- Hanging with the Lobos: Burque
- Babies for 1098
- Luchador? Robin Hood? Definitely a Hero.
- R-52uesday! Rescuing the Future!