The top ten things that we’re almost sure will happen in 2010:
1. Tolls will be instituted everywhere. Everywhere.
2. Javier Caceres will become the state’s top campaign video consultant.
3. Mary Lou Dickerson will change her name to Mary Jane Dickerson.
4. The Seattle Times will endorse Darth Vader in the 3rd Congressional District. Vader’s campaign will be derailed when revelations of an illegitimate son and daughter come to light. Also, footage of him cutting off Luke Skywalker’s hand will make it onto Youtube, putting the “Macaca Moment” to shame.
5. Mike O’Brien and Mike McGinn will settle who is the Bike-iest Mike of all in a bicycle joust. Mike will win.
6. Susan Hutchison will run against Senator Patty Murray as a non-partisan candidate. Strangely, no Republican will enter the race.
7. Greg Nickels will like your status update.
8. Oregon will continue to be Washington’s pants, but will be lined with fleece for the winter.
9. The debate over the Viaduct will be resolved once and for all, requiring no further discussion on how to proceed.
10. Knute Berger and Joel Connelly will reminisce about the way things used to be. Meanwhile, things will change.